Friday 24 May 2013

Book Quotes of the Week


Word cloud made with WordItOut
"A book that is shut is but a block." Thomas Fuller

"If there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it." Toni Morrison

"Reading means borrowing." Georg Christoph Lichtenberg, Aphorisms

"I’ve never known any trouble that an hour’s reading didn’t assuage." Charles de Secondat, Baron de la Brède et de Montesquieu, Pensées Diverses

"For friends ... do but look upon good Books: they are true friends, that will neither flatter nor dissemble." Francis Bacon

"Reading. That place where you're by yourself but you're never alone." N.N.

Find more book quotes here.

3 comments:

  1. I love the quote of Tony Morrison! That's really a good reason for writing a book ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your blog and follow it now.

      By the way, we have some things in common - we are blogging in English although we aren't native speakers (my primary language is German) and we both contribute to Reading the Nobels.

      I don't know if you noticed that I have my own book blog, too. Drop by and have a look at Edith's Miscellany, if you like. The url is edith-lagraziana.blogspot.com

      I split this comment so you can delete this part if you don't wish to promote my blog.

      Delete
  2. True, Edith, I love that quote, too. I know different quotes talk to different people, I try to find those that I, as an avid reader, like. Luckily, there seem to be quite a few people who like that, too. :-D

    Thanks for introducing yourself to me and following my blog, I love finding other people's blogs and there is no reason I would want to delete your comment. If any of my followers would like to follow yours, that's fine for all of us. I love talking about books and the more people get in touch with each other, the merrier.

    By the way, how comes you started to blog in English? I have lived in England for quite a while and have been the leader of an international book club for even longer. On facebook, a couple of my friends said we should start a book club on teh internet and then someone suggested I start a blog. I really enjoy it.

    Have a good day. Viele Grüße
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete